Working together to improve lives
Kingkraft are strong supporters of charities, organisations and campaigns which help to improve the lives of people with disabilities and their families.
We are proud supporters of the National Changing Places campaign. The Changing Places Consortium has launched its campaign on behalf of those people who cannot use standard accessible toilets. This includes people with profound and multiple learning disabilities and their carers, as well as many other disabled people.
What are Changing Places toilets?
Thousands of people need special Changing Places toilets to enable them to enjoy the day to day activities many of us take for granted.
Changing Places toilets are different to standard disabled toilets with extra features and more space to meet these needs. They provide users with enough space and the right equipment, including a height adjustable changing bench and a hoist. Without these facilities, families have to change the person they care for on a cramped and dirty toilet floor.
How we have helped with Changing Places
The Changing Places Consortium is campaigning to make a change. Providing these toilets in public places will make a dramatic difference to the lives of thousands of people who desperately need these facilities.
Although the numbers are increasing, there are still not enough Changing Places toilets available across the country. At Kingkraft we are doing our utmost to help out with this invaluable campaign and have already installed equipment into numerous projects.
Projects where we have installed equipment
- Warrington Bus Interchange, Hoist
- Nottingham City Centre, Changing Table video
- Nottingham Potter Centre, Shower Changer
- Leeds Leisure Centre, Hoist in pool area
- Ilkeston Co-op, Hoist and wash basin
- Bury (The Met), Hoist and wall mounted changing table
- Hanley 'Potteries' Shopping Centre, Mobile shower table
- Chester Zoo, Jubilee toilets, hoist, changing table and wash basin
- Leeds HEART, Hoist and mobile changing table
- Middlesbrough Bus Station, Mobile changing table
- Shoeburyness Leisure Centre, Hoist
- Gateshead, Mobile changing table
- Lancaster YMCA, Mobile changing table
We also offer a free 'product planning guide' to help with preparation of these specialist facilities.
For more information on how Kingkraft can assist with the National Changing Places campaign or for help and advice, call 0114 2690697